Search for posts

quinta-feira, 8 de dezembro de 2016

Lego Tram (set 8404) review

To celebrate the arrival of Santa, I am going to post my second review since this blog has been made. As I haven´t seen the 8404 set a lot, I have decided to review it to give you more information about the set. Now there has also been another similar railway product: the "Lego City Town Square", set 60097 also contains the kind of transport but instead, in orange.  Coming back to the 8404, the tram is 32 cm long, 8 cm longer than the green bus which is also a component of the same set.
Personally, I think that it was a marvellous idea to add this creation to the market and really admire the way it was built. I especially like the front and back windscreens and how they were incorporated to the model using simple pieces which look good overall. The weight factor didn´t show anything surprising compared to my other creations and most pieces seem to be standard and easy to find. Considering the structure it has it is compact except the roof which was probably designed to be removed easily and to generate an easier playing environment.

Cabin junction:

I have dedicated a whole section to this as I want to talk about all the benefits and disadvantages to the system. I have never really had any problem with it and shows to be very stable. One good point about it is that there are no flexibility limits except the pieces themselves. That makes it good for extreme manoeuvring or simply sharp turns on the lego train tracks. I think that there is nothing negative about this aspect though next time they could try to create the attachment with more simple pieces.

Wheels:

The wheels are also one of those things which are not that common but they function in perfection and smoothly. They do make some noise but I understand that the plastic can´t be silent.

Summing things up this was a great creation by the lego group and I give it a 4.7/5. With only a couple of mistakes, this build is one of my favourites in my collection.

Now that I have reviewed this interesting model here is a MOC using some of its pieces and becoming a totally new transport. I hope this gives you ideas for your own!

Yes!, it is a homemade lego cable car. As You can see I used the front and back windscreens of the tram for this creation and helped myself with the structure of one of the cabins. I was the main author of the cabin but then I needed help for the system in which my dad produced the movement. This is also related to christmas as it was done in those dates and includes the christmas tree to cheer up the photo!

THE COMPARISON!

To finish this post I have decided to show you the two trams face to face. Which one do you think is the best? What rating do you give each? Share on the comments below your favourite!
Image result for lego public transport station tram
Click here to check out the video about the model
Image result for town square lego tram
Click here to check out the photo better
VS


2 comentários: