Search for posts

quarta-feira, 25 de maio de 2016

LEGO piano (old version) 2013

If you look further down in my blog you will see that I had done another piano in 2015 which was obviously better than this one. Here, the notes are larger and don´t look very well. Even though it wasn´t my idea, in the recent piano MOC I used the white pieces that you can see in the right hand side of the image. Then I covered half of those 2x1s in half to make them look like the piano keys in the right size compared to the minifigure. I gathered that technique in the internet and used the pieces I had to create a similar model. This also has other benefits such as making the amount of notes of the piano seem more realistic. For example, as a piano has 88 notes, using this style of this model wouldn´t be very efficient (it only contains 9 notes) while the other would (which has over 20). Back to this one, the minifigure is actually a prisoner, I believe I had no other choice before because I had a much smaller range of LEGO bricks. The cool thing about it is that it has a music sheet and instead of being a vertical piano it is a grand piano. I guess I might do one this summer.

2 comentários: